Friday, April 2, 2010

National Poetry Writing Month

April is National Poetry Writing Month and in honor of this I am going to do the poem-a-day challenge. I did it last year and probably only managed to pump out about 15 poems. This year I'm doing it again with a little more ambition! I suppose, the fact that I'm posting April 2nd instead of April 1st for my first entry shows that I'm not too reliable with this one-a-day goal, so I'm going to admit now that it'll be more like an average of one poem a day. It would be more accurate to say that I'll have 30 poems by the end of the month. That is the goal. If you are a fellow poet reading this and want to join in on the quest, let me know! I would love to follow your work as well. And I can also point you to some other great poets that are writing a poem a day as well.

No comments: