Sunday, May 2, 2010

Poem 30 - a narrative contemplation

I have come to the harsh realization that no matter how bad my poetry is, attempting to write a poem every day is going to make it even worse. Putting a time constraint makes me feel forced to abandon any methods that I may have previously encountered or attempted. Rushing definitely makes quantitative work as opposed to qualitative work, at least for me, at least at this time in my life. Either way, it has been noted, I kept the goal (relatively) and responded to it. And now I know better than to put a timer on my creative work. I'll probably delete most of these poems and I don't want to delete any substantial amount of work in the future, especially if it is for my fiction writing. I hope you may have enjoyed some of them. I think there were two that I am proud of. Which did you like? And I'll not send it immediately to the trash.

No comments: