Black Diamonds
under an asphalt night
with shadows of snow fists
permitted a short-lived pallor
before high beams loosen their
corporeal grip
a
driver:
Come on… oh!
come
on!
Speed up
Don’t!
slow for the curves
Don’t force red out the
rear lights
enough of it seeps back there
Fine.
I’m Fine.
Everyone’s Fine.
But wait! A carpool lane?
And we are two!
I almost forgot
you
a
forceful forgot
a forget -me -not
you
were there
I’ve been down
black diamonds
off a cliff
not on rocks
the snow’s been too thick
the snow fall thicker before night’s done
the snow a sheet several feet
the snow stifle
all
silent stample nestle with permanence
after there be tracing tracks
tonight ’ll no skiers’
to whether ’d down diamonds or
tell they led the off
Nothing
to
worry
about You’re already
set I’ve put
your gear on
you, skis and all
Only we must
get there we
must get there
Red lights
Not brakes Blue
lights too
Flashing Though
I’m not speeding —Pull
Over—
Slower slower drive slower
Hello officer play
cool
You were driving in the carpool lane
But I know, I know I
can because we are two
But where is the second passenger?
You can’t see him?
He can’t see him
Clear as night certain as day come right this way
I’ll prove it if you promise not to write me up
If you promise to not
not
to stop
me
tonight
we
must be
on
my way
The Authority:
Pushing, pushing, he’s pushing.
How bold. He just
must not see
My lights, yet still he’s rushing
Even though he can’t pass me.
But wait, he’s moved to the fast lane.
No signal, he can’t tell I’m a cop.
Swerving, can’t stay inside the lines,
Further to the left and he’ll drop
Not over rocks,
Not through slush,
But upon snow over snow over snow.
The metal will rip apart like strips of torn paper,
His body lost in tow.
If he flew as fast as black diamonds
I could pull him on over right now.
I first want a reason for the ticket
But wait, he’s in the fast lane, that’s how.
But we are two, he’s
shaking at the joints.
He’s confused, but he’s not drunk.
He just wants to be on his way so he points.
But why is the passenger in the trunk?
No comments:
Post a Comment